Oh Snap! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award.
Justine from The Iridescent Wings has nominated The Witty Wife for the Liebster Award! Justine is a phenomenal writer based out California. She has a love for travel, food, and adventure. I am so thrilled and honored that she nominated me for the Liebster Award. The award itself has been given out from bloggers to bloggers since 2011.
10 Facts About Me
- I love cheesecake. Seriously, though, it’s my favorite food.
- I have a space between my front teeth. Always have, and probably always will!
- Dunkin Donuts is my favorite coffee, hands down.
- I get anxiety in airports but love flying.
- On average, I take 5-6 vitamins a day.
- Met my hubby when I was 15 and have been together ever since.
- Storms freak me out and I HATE tornadoes.
- I do not like the color pink (besides when it matches other things, like my blog)
- My outfits have to match or I get anxious.
- My hair hasn’t been its natural color in years….
- Describe your blog in 3 words using nouns (a person, a place and a thing)
Wit, Happiness, and Discovery
- Where did you go the first time you traveled and how old were you?
I have traveled for as long as I can remember. But, my first big travel trip was to Florence, Italy when I was 17. I went to Italy with my mother and brother and lived there for two months! One of the best experiences of my life.
- What’s your destination preference? City or Beach?
Beach. For sure. As you all may already know, beaches are one of my most treasured adventures. Additionally, I am a sunset chaser and beaches are the perfect viewpoint.
- What’s the most exotic thing you’ve ever eaten?
In all honesty, I am a picky eater. I don’t like to try foods that make me gag, even if it’s new. Smell is important to me when it comes to food as well. I would have to say Sea Urchin is the most exotic thing I have ever eaten. I should add that this was when I was tiny weeny and had no idea what it was!
- Where’s your favorite destination and why?
Definitely Cinque Terre in Italy. This collection of coastal towns just speaks to your soul. Overall, I love Italy the most out of all the places I have been. I recommend that everyone visits the Cinque Terre at least once. The views are phenomenal and the food is to die for.
- Are you living in your dream city? If not where would you like to live and why aren’t you living there?
Well, my husband and I just moved from Michigan to Florida which is a big change. I wouldn’t say that we are in our dream city but definitely a dream state. We really like Sarasota and Lido Key. But there are so many other places that we want to visit and live.
- When you are hanging out with someone are you the person who puts away their phone or leaves it out and texts?
I usually put mine away, unless I am blogging (which seems to be like all the time now).
- When’s the last time you shot film photography?
Never. Sad to say this because I absolutely love photography but I have never shot with original film, just digital. I guess there is something to add to my 30 Things To Do Hitting 30 Bucket List!
- Currently, what’s your most popular article and why do you think it’s so popular?
Man, I have a few that are quite equal. I have gotten the most views on my 17 Florida Beaches in 2017 post as well as my Travel Wanderlust Inspirational Quotes. The Florida Beaches post consist of a list of beaches to visit this year. I think my audience like the recommendations and following along on my journey. The Travel Quotes post is a collaboration from 15 bloggers! I believe my audience was extended widely because of the different contributors and amazing travel quotes.
- Favorite place to eat fries?
Rally’s. Hands down the best fries. Unless you’re talking sweet potato fries, then it’s Conestogas.
Bloggers Inspiring Bloggers
Kristin from Believe in a Budget is an amazing budgeting and lifestyle blogger. I came across her blog one day when I was looking for budget and blogging tips. She has heaps of inspiration and such a friendly personality. Thank you for always responding to my questions and helping a new blogger out 🙂
Cassie and Shay from Bucketlist Bombshells know what is up. These two ladies have conquered the entrepreneurial world and now the travel full-time. They offer up so much information on their site and are constantly encouraging other bloggers along the way!
Krista from Krista Aoki is one my biggest blogging inspirations. When I first entered the blogging world, I reached out to Krista in a Facebook message and we have been blogging friends ever since! She blogs about the millennial lifestyle, travel necessities, and blogging essentials! Krista is an amazing blogger who is constantly helping others out. So thank you!
My Liebster Award nominations:
—Coming Soon 🙂
Questions for my nominations:
- If you could live in another country for free, where would you live?
- Would you rather go skydiving or bungee jumping?
- What is your favorite place to read a book?
- You have three wishes…Go!
- What is one of your biggest fears and why?
- Best place for a cup of coffee?
- What is your most memorable experience abroad?
- What is your most embarrassing memory?
- How has blogging changed you?
- Most inspirational quote?
Once again, thank you Justine for nominating me for this amazing award. Blogging is an important part of my life and I could not be more grateful for the community it has given me.